If you want to be successful in your workplace, you must have confidence. If you want to win the love of someone you love and to enjoy the rest of your life with him/her, you must have positive self-esteem. If you want to stay in good health, you need to love yourself.
Having healthy sense of self- esteem, it’s one of the most important things in your life.
It is because self-esteem affects our trust in others, our relationships, work and almost every part of our lives.
What is self-esteem?
– How we value ourselves.
– How valuable we think we are to others.
The people who have positive self-esteem show the following outward signs:
• Non-blaming behavior
• An awareness of personal strengths
• An ability to make mistakes and learn from them
• An ability to accept mistakes from others
• An ability to solve problems
• An independent and cooperative attitude
• Feeling comfortable with a wide range of emotions
• An ability to trust others
• A good sense of personal limitations
• Good self-care
• The ability to say no
Some people have low self-esteem. Low self-esteem is a debilitating condition that keeps individuals from realizing their full potential. A person with low self-esteem feels unworthy, incapable, and incompetent. In fact, because the person with low self-esteem feels so poorly about him or herself, these feelings may actually cause the person’s continued low self-esteem.
Some signs of low self-esteem are:
• Negative view of life
• Perfectionist attitude
• Mistrusting others – even those who show signs of affection
• Blaming behavior
• Fear of taking risks
• Feelings of being unloved and unlovable
• Dependence – letting others make decisions
• Fear of being ridiculed
How can you raise your low self-esteem?
Feelings of low self-esteem often build up over a lifetime, and letting go of ingrained feelings and behaviors is not an easy task. It may take time, hard work, and it may require professional counseling. But there are some simple, positive thinking techniques (affirmations) that can be used to help improve self-esteemcalled affirmations. Using affirmations to stop negative self-talk is a simple, positive way to help increase self-esteem. Affirmations are encouraging messages we can give ourselves every day until they become part of our feelings and beliefs. Affirmations work best when a person is relaxed. But since people are often upset when they are giving themselves negative self-messages, they may need to counter negative messages with positive ones. For example, replace the message “I made a stupid mistake, and I am no good at this job,” with “Yes, I made a mistake but I have learned from it, and now I can do a better job.” Begin each day by looking in the mirror and giving yourself a positive message.
The following affirmations can help you work toward a positive self-image:
• I am lovable and likable
• I am confident, and it shows
• I care about myself
• I am creating loving, healthy relationships
• I am a good friend to myself and others
• I accept myself just as I am
• I look great
• Life is good, and I like being a part of it
I hope that this will encourage you to think about how you can improve your self-esteem, starting from today. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it. Good luck!