How to respond to the 5 love languages easy?
This is a short summary of the five love languages.
Find out how to respond easy.
#1 Love language – Words of affirmation:
· Actions: Spoken words, written cards and letters.
· Communication: Encouraging words, compliments, affirming spirit.
· Avoid: Emotionally harsh words, undue criticism.
#2 Love language – Quality time:
· Actions: Running errands, taking trips, doing things together, going on walks, sitting/talking at home.
· Communication: Quiet places with no interruptions, undivided attention, one- to-one conversations.
· Avoid: Too much time with friends or groups, isolation, gaps of time between meetings.
#3 Love language – Receiving gifts:
· Actions: Giving gifts, giving time, remembering special occasions, giving small tokens.
· Communications: Private giving of gifts, pleasant facial expressions.
· Avoid: Materialism, forgetting special events.
#4 Love language – Acts of service:
· Actions: Assisting with house chores, ongoing acts of helpfulness, exchanging of chores.
· Communications: Say: “What can I do for you? “, “I will stop and get…”, “Today, I did…for you.”· Avoid: Forgetting promises, over commitment of tasks, ignoring.
#5 Love language – Physical touch:
· Actions: Hugs, pats, touches, sitting close.
· Communications: Pleasant facial expressions, mostly non-verbal.· Avoid: Physical abuse, corporal punishment, threats, neglect.
*Taken from Gary Chapman’s The five love languages of teenagers.