7 simple tips to improve your memory
Do you want to improve your memory?
These 7 tips will help you do that:
1. Sleep well. Sleeping is helping us consolidate our memories. Experts say that sleeping will improve your memory: “Sleep is key time for your brain to solidify the connections between neurons“.
2. Smell, touch, taste, hear and see it. The more senses you involve when you need to encode memory, usually the more strong a memory it becomes. For example: if you need to remember someone’s name you met for the first time, it may help to look them in the eye when you repeat their name, and offer a handshake. By doing so, you’ve engaged 4 out of your 5 senses.
3. Repeat it. One reason people who want to memorize something repeat it over and over again is because repetition seems to work for most people. Repeat the information spaced out over a longer period of time.
4. Organize it. Our brains like organization of information. By carefully organizing what it is you have to memorize, you’re helping your brain better encode the information in the first place.
5. Limit the distractions. You need to limit your distractions. Don’t try to do too many things at once. If you
focus on the information that you’re trying to remember, you’ll be more likely to recall it later.
6. Connect the dots. Try and make the associations when you first take in the information. For instance, think about how two things are related, and the memory for both will be enhanced. Connect new information to existing information or experiences in your mind.
7. Eat healthy food. Remember, a healthy body is a healthy brain. The healthy food is good for your brain. Eat fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Also, what you drink counts, too. Not enough water or too much alcohol can lead to confusion and memory loss.
Try to boost your memory with these tips and keep it strong for days to come. 🙂