3 healthy Halloween cookies recipes
Are you planning to organize a Halloween party in your home and you are looking for some interesting ideas? We found 3 really great Halloween cookies recipes which are healthy and easy to prepare in the same time. We are sure that these healthy Halloween cookies recipes will make your party unique and fabulous.
Get creative in the kitchen with these healthy Halloween cookies recipes for this upcoming Halloween and enjoy them in your perfect Halloween party later. 🙂
Here are the recipes:
1.”Boo”- rrific Kisses – healthy Halloween cookies recipes
(Total time: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing – 30 servings)
2 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/8 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
Orange food coloring, optional
1-1/2 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add extracts and vinegar; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 6 minutes. Beat in food coloring if desired.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #10 round pastry tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/2-in.-diameter ghosts onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Add two chips on each for eyes.
- Bake at 250° for 40-45 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven for 1 hour. Carefully remove from parchment paper. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2. Eyeball cookies – healthy Halloween cookies recipes
(Total time: Prep: 25 min. + chilling – 20-25 servings)
5 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, divided
20 to 25 vanilla wafers
Paste food coloring
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Red liquid food coloring
- In a microwave, melt 4 ounces of white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip vanilla wafers in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- Melt remaining white chocolate; stir until smooth. Tint as desired. Spread a small amount onto the center of each cookie; place a chocolate chip in the center.
- For bloodshot eyes, use a toothpick dipped in red food coloring to draw lines from circles to outer edges of wafers. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 20-25 servings.
3. Strawberry Ghosts cookies – healthy Halloween cookies recipes
(Total time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min – 30 servings)
30 fresh strawberries
8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon shortening
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Stir in extract.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts’ tails. Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes. Freeze 5 minutes.
- In microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and draw a mouth on each ghost. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Which ones will you be making? Or you have an idea of your won? Share it with us in the comments bellow!