Sometimes it is really hard to stay healthy during the winter when many people around you have the cold or flu. If you want to avoid being sick and feeling like you have to go to the doctor here is a list of healthy and great tips to stay healthy during the winter season and strengthen your body’s immune system .
Follow these tips daily and you will minimize the chances of getting sick!
Healthy during the winter:
1. Don’t forget to drink water.
- One of the best things you can do for your health is to drink optimal amounts of water every day. Water plays a big part and it can keep you healthy during the winter.
2. Avoid stress situations.
- Studies have linked high stress levels to making a person more susceptible to catching colds and flu. Try to minimize your stress by working reasonable hours at your job and use your free time to rest and relax alone or with friends and family. Develop healthy habits and avoid stress!
3. Eat healthy.
- Eat food which is rich with vitamin C. It will help you keep your immune system strong and healthy during the winter. Try to include more fruit and vegies such as lemons, kiwifruit, capsicum and broccoli in your everyday meals. Make and drink natural healthy juices that consist of 2-3 vegetables and 1-3 fruits. Blend carrot, beetroot, spinach and lemon. It’s a perfect stress-busting combination that will boost your immune system and keep you healthy.
(We recommend: List of healthy food to boost your mental health).
- Check out our list of healthy foods that can improve your immune system – 8 powerful immune system boosters
4. Sleep well.
- The average person needs 6-8 hours of sleep per night. If you’re not getting enough sleep, your body is extremely vulnerable to illness. Sleep is very much like fuel that recharges your batteries! But don’t oversleep, it can have negative effects, read more about oversleeping here!
- It’s really important to exercise regularly, even if only for 15 minutes a day! Get out and take a short walk and enjoy the cooler weather. Exercise is one of the best healthy habits recommended by many professionals and will keep you strong and healthy during the winter.
6. Wash your hands regularly.
- Keep the bacteria and viruses off your hands and out of your mouth and eyes. Always keep a bottle of hand sanitizer close-by for those instances where you can’t get to soap and water.
This is just a short list of healthy habits you can do to keep your body healthy during the winter season.